ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSIONS TO BS-HOME ECONOMICS
A total of 200 seats are allocated for the 4-Yr BS in Home Economics Programme being offered at the College. All admissions are on ‘Open Merit’ basis. Subject to availability of seats, a very limited number of students are also inducted in the 5th semester of the BS Programme. Further details can be acquired from the College Office.
- Applicants who have passed the H.Sc. Home Economics or equivalent exam with at least 45% (540) aggregate marks will be eligible to get admission in the four year B.S. program.
- Students who have passed intermediate or equivalent examination with one or more Home Economics subjects OR relevant science subjects (e.g. pre medical & pre engineering) with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks
- Candidates with A-level (Science) or High School (USA) must submit equivalence certificate from IBCC.
- Students who have done Intermediate from RLAK CHE with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks can submit the admission fee directly.
- Admission to subsequent semesters of the BS programme is subject to clearance of 80% courses in each previous semester.
- Only students who clear all their courses for semester 1-4 in first attempt, are eligible to apply in Nutrition & Dietetics and Residential Management & Entrepreneurship Departments in the 5th semester (specialization year) of the programme.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR BS I
- Photographs (2)
- Undertaking on Stamp-paper (can be obtained from college office or purchased from outside the college)
- Matric Certificate/Mark sheet Copy
- XII Mark sheet Copy + Original Copy
- Photocopy of CNIC
- ‘Provisional Admission’ will not be granted to any student who fails in any course at the intermediate level and is waiting to clear the same in the Supplementary Exam.
- Students must receive a ‘token’ along with admission form from BS committee office and submit the same (token) with filled-in form, bank voucher and required documents to avoid problems in confirmation of admission.
- Merit list of selected students will be displayed on College website.
- Students must ensure depositing the admission fees within specified dates. No claim for admission will be entertained if any selected student fails to deposit the fees by the stated last date.
- Admission Fees should be deposited (through Payment Slip) at Sindh Bank, Dhoraji Colony Branch, Karachi.
- Admission Fees is Non Refundable.