Formula for Conversion of Marks
FORMULA FOR G.C.E. (O’ Level)
- It is imperative for the students passing G.C.E. (O’ Level) Examination to pass the subjects of Urdu, English, Islamiat, Pakistan Studies, and four optional subjects.
- An equivalent certificate from I.B.C.C. Islamabad is mandatory.
- The merit of the students passing G.C.E. (O’ Level) examination will be determined by conversion of their marks in accordance with the following formula:Grade A=90, B=85, C=75, D=65, E=55.
The mean value of all valid grades will be multiplied by 8.5 to calculate equivalence. This is to be pointed out that only grades of the subjects that are relevant for the choices of the applicants in the Intermediate will be counted.
FORMULA FOR TECHNICAL BOARD
The marks of the matriculates from Technical Board shall be converted according to the under mentioned formula:
- Maximum Marks of Technical Board Students = 1150
- Maximum Marks of Component III of class IX & X = 300
- Maximum Marks of Evaluation “A” = (1150-300) = 850
- EVALUATION MARKS = (Marks Obtained)-(Marks Obtained in Component III)
FORMULA FOR OTHER THAN KARACHI BOARD
The marks of the matriculates from other than Karachi Board shall be converted according to the undermentioned formula:
(Marks Obtained x 850)/Total Marks